Jason Allen came to North Texas after working as a reporter for four years in Orlando, FL. In 2010, he spent several weeks leading WFTV’s coverage of the Gulf oil spill and reported from Alaska on the lingering impact of the Exxon Valdez disaster as part of that coverage.
While in college, Jason interned at WLS in Chicago. He received his bachelor’s degree in communication arts from Trinity Christian College in Palos Heights, Illinois and then began his career as a producer/reporter at Primary Focus. He went on to work as a reporter/anchor at KTWO-TV in Casper, Wyoming and later as a reporter at WBAY-TV in Green Bay, Wisconsin, where he reported on the prison release and subsequent re-arrest of convicted killer Steven Avery.
In 2009, Jason was recognized with a Suncoast EMMY award for exposing discrimination by a boat club operating on public land.
Jason is a native of Southern California. He and his wife, Carli, have two young boys. They’re avid baseball and tennis fans and enjoy getting outside with their dog, a spinone italiano.
The sound of the siren. The lights in your mirror. You know the feeling …and you know what’s next.
People who escaped alive from the Hood County subdivision where six people died in a tornado, will go back for the first time Saturday morning.
At least two North Texas conservative groups are among those that say they were singled out when requesting tax exempt status from the IRS.
Less than two months before the Fourth of July, one of the largest fireworks stores in North Texas is packing up.
A financial battle over athletic field costs in Keller may end with families in two cities paying more to play.
For a facility that had the potential to destroy everything around it, law enforcement records show the West Fertilizer Co. was easy for thieves and burglars to access.
Cold temperatures that were damaging for North Texas farmers in April could be even more devastating in May. Some of the crops are already too tall to cover.
Just like a badge and a gun, standard equipment for police in Richland Hills now includes a camera.
Like any other kid in a middle school music program, Justin Weed heads off to practice after school. He plays guitar, not a surprising choice for a 13-year-old. What’s surprising, is what the guitar sounds like when Justin plays.
A bill just introduced in Washington may provide the life-saving physical therapy a Keller girl has been fighting to receive.
The price some north Fort Worth families pay for youth sports could double as soon as this fall.
Standing on a stage behind flag-covered caskets, President Barack Obama told the residents of West that while he and others may not live in Texas, they are neighbors, and are also grappling with the town’s loss.
- Athletics vs Rangers – June... Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June...
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 12,... Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June...
Latest DFW News
- Man Allegedly Kicks Dog To Death Over Apartment Dispute
- Group Says Airline Merger Would Reduce Competition
- AMA Classifying Obesity As A Disease May Open Up Treatment Options
- CDC: HPV Vaccine Reduced Disease Rates in Teen Girls by 56 Percent
- CBS 11 Steals & Deals: June 19
- Dirk Nowitzki Dines With President Obama In Berlin
- Appeal Seeks To Halt Dallas County Woman’s Execution
- Four Keys For Bruins In Game 4 Of Stanley Cup Final