Jeff Ray joined CBS 11 and TXA 21 in December 2010. Jeff came to North Texas from Nashville, where he spent the past 11 years, most recently as the morning meteorologist at WKRN-TV. His career has also taken him to Kansas City, Mo., where he was the senior meteorologist at KSHB-TV. Prior to that, he worked at television stations in Jefferson City, Mo.; Knoxville, Tenn.; and Fort Pierce, Fla.
Born in Lubbock, Jeff spent most of his childhood in Tennessee. He returned to Texas to attend the University of Texas at Austin, where he received his first undergraduate degree. Jeff went on to study news at the University of Florida and later completed his bachelor’s degree in broadcast meteorology at Mississippi State University. He also holds a master’s degree in science education from the University of Missouri at Kansas City.
Jeff and his wife are thrilled to be raising their two sons here in North Texas. In his spare time, Jeff enjoys gardening, cooking (which is more like scientific experimentation, if you ask his wife) and woodworking.
The cold quickened the pace of students heading into school Friday morning.
A family in Fort Worth is relieved after an 11-year-old girl missing for nearly a day returned home safe.
We had morning lows on Sunday drop down to the 40′s in many areas across north Texas. Then a brisk southeast wind and afternoon sun jumped the temperatures into the low 80′s, the warmest weather [...]
We started a run of 80° weather today. The official high at DFW was 81°, the warmest day in the last ten. It was quite the jump in temperatures; the morning low got all the [...]
Severe weather is expected in the Hill Country and south tonight. This weather will stay out of the north Texas. A cold front sweep through the metro area this morning. Temperatures dropped to the low 60′s as winds turned [...]
Pink Hearts Funds is a ministry to help people affected by cancer or hair loss disorders. One of their main missions is to provide free wigs to patients who can’t afford them. Students, parents and faculty at one school “ponied” up to help.
It was another pleasant Spring day across north Texas with highs topping out in the low 70′s for the second day in a row. A little breezy and partly cloudy but fine weekend weather. Lows [...]
We’ll have another fine weather day to close the weekend. Highs should reach in the low 70′s with less wind to contend with: Its going to be dry today and Monday. Monday’s highs will reach [...]
Daylight arrived Thursday in the devastated town of West, along with a cold rain. For some, the daylight has only revealed more shock after a fertilizer plant exploded in the town.
Tornado sirens are a common sight across North Texas and, despite newer technologies like cell phones and weather radios, many local government officials still believe that these sirens have a place in the community.
WARM AND WINDY CONTINUES Highs today will again get into the upper 80′s with windy and humid conditions This should turn out to be the longest run of 80° days we’ve had so far this year. [...]
Today was the warmest day we’ve had this month. Tomorrow could be about as warm of a day as we’ve had this year (so far). The official high at DFW airport was 81°. Wind gusts [...]
- Big Balls At Bombshells... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,...
- Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
Latest DFW News
- Huey Lewis Sports Fan Ticket Contest
- Lake Levels for the Memorial Day Weekend in North Texas
- Woman Set On Fire Fights For Her Life
- Police Say Tips Coming In For Southlake Murder
- Special Prosecutor Files Notice of Contempt Against Dallas County DA Craig Watkins
- DISD School Board Appoves Plan To Dismiss Principals, Teachers
- TXDOT To Overhaul Central Expressway
- Montague Deputy Shot In Line Of Duty Returns To Work