Joel Thomas is an Emmy award-winning journalist with more than 15 years of television experience. He earned his bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism with a minor in political science. He enjoyed writing at an early age, and by junior high school decided to steer his future toward journalism. Joel wrote and shot photos for his hometown newspaper while in high school and focused his energy on broadcasting during his college years.
Over the years, Joel has worked in Bryan/College Station, Austin, New Orleans and Atlanta. During that time he’s covered a wide range of events, including the Branch Davidian stand-off, the Oklahoma City bombing, and President Clinton’s impeachment. His work has received numerous awards including more than a dozen from the Associated Press, a Texas Headliner’s Award, an Edward R. Murrow Award and an Emmy Award.
Nineteen-year-old Evan Jennings is one of three children left without a father after a car crash near Burleson killed 41-year-old Brian Jennings on Sunday.
A Tarrant County commissioner says a safety check will be done “out of an abundance of caution” on a stretch of Burleson-Retta road where four people died this weekend.
Tinker, a three year old Chihuahua-Dachshund mix, was unwanted at birth. She was born blind.
Most boaters on Texas waters think they know laws regulating boat users. And, in Texas that used to mean very little regulation at all.
Visitors, business owners and residents along West 7th Street are bracing for five months of traffic congestion, construction noise and delays. The 7th Street bridge will be closed until the fall.
Police are now working together to better educate the public on internet robbery schemes. At a joint news conference representatives from the Arlington, Fort Worth and Grand Prairie Police Departments had a warning for anyone putting items up for sale online.
There aren’t many good places to grab some sleep, or just relax, in the bustle of a noisy airport. But now, there’s the new Minute Suites, which recently opened at DFW Airport.
Sequestration means the U.S. Navy doesn’t have the money to fly air shows in the group’s brilliant blue and yellow F-18 fighters. And that sequestration fall-out left the future of the Fort Worth Alliance Air Show up in the air.
Fort Worth is giving nearly 20 different agencies a common place to talk through new high-tech hardware.
The Keller Bandits, a girls softball team, has raised more than $1000 for tornado victims in Moore, Oklahoma.
Members of Texas Task Force 1 used the water discharge rapids at the Exelon Power Plant on Lake Arlington for some very realistic swift water rescue training Thursday.
An EF5 tornado that hit Jarrell, Texas 16 years ago nearly wiped the small, Central Texas town off the map. Twenty seven people died.
- Athletics vs Rangers – June... Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June...
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 12,... Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June...
Latest DFW News
- Bomb Threat Made At Bell County Courthouse Near Fort Hood
- Mass Exodus Of DISD Teachers, End Of Year Vacancies Double
- Redfining Obesity Leads To Awareness
- UTA Reopens After Reports Of Armed Man
- Man Allegedly Kicks Dog To Death Over Apartment Dispute
- Group Says Airline Merger Would Reduce Competition
- AMA Classifying Obesity As A Disease May Open Up Treatment Options
- CDC: HPV Vaccine Reduced Disease Rates in Teen Girls by 56 Percent