Having joined the KRLD news team in 2010, Marlee brings a lot of versatile experience from her 15 years in radio. She can be heard reporting and anchoring not only on KRLD but also on the Texas State Network News and is a familiar voice to listeners of KRLD’s sister station KVIL as a traffic reporter at times.
Marlee received a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications from the University of Texas in Austin where she likes to say she “walked the same hallowed halls as the great Walter Cronkite”. She began her career in advertising, but got her first shot on-air when the owner of a small radio station in Weatherford convinced her that she should be on the other side of the mic. She soon realized it was her true passion to bring the story to the listener and spent the next 10 years as an investigative reporter/news anchor and morning show co-host on 95.9 The Ranch and Country Legends 92.1 in downtown Fort Worth. Marlee has covered important breaking news stories like the 2007 floods in Parker County where she was knee deep in the rising waters right along with the emergency crews trying to evacuate homeowners along the Brazos River. During her career she has covered several high profile criminal trials and was the only reporter granted an exclusive jail house interview with convicted serial killer and white supremacist Johnny Ray Smith. Marlee has also worked as a sideline reporter and co-host for the high school football program “50 Yard Line”.
When she’s not on the road or reporting, Marlee is a true Texas Cheer mom having raised four daughters that participated in school and competitive cheerleading squads in their hometown of Weatherford. Marlee enjoys being involved with her community, having served as a board member for Rotary and other civic organizations and PTA President at her children’s school. Her guilty pleasures are 80’s rock concerts and playing Fantasy Football.
Starting tonight traffic flow will get a whole lot better around the north end of the DFW Airport and in Grapevine as the DFW Connector project opens up two new bridges.
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Auto crimes occur every two minutes in Texas, and a new prevention campaign wants you to think like a thief. According to reports, auto crimes typically go up in the summertime with [...]
A “sexually-violent” fugitive who was added last week to the state’s most wanted list was arrested Tuesday after robbing and choking a woman, a DPS spokesman said.
A North Texas lake has its own version of the Lock Ness monster.
Last September’s devastating wildfires in central Texas emphasized the need for urban firefighters to be trained in wild land firefighting.
A new reality show on the History Channel features some Texans participating in an unusual sport.
Got any leftover coupons from the State Fair? You might just wanna hang on to them.
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
- Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May...
- Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -... Rangers vs Athletics – May... Flash Forward: Concept Cars... G-Bag Nation Live From...
Latest DFW News
- Help May Be Available For Uninsured In West
- Cleburne Parents Arrested After Adopted Son Dies
- Tornado Hits West Texas Town Of Blanket
- Romo To Miss OTAs After Undergoing Back Surgery
- Troy Buys Shoes For Cowboys OTAs
- Ways To Help Tornado Victims In Oklahoma
- Oakland Overpowers Rangers, 9-2
- Texas Motor Speedway Firestone 550 Contest