R.J. spent the first 9 years of his professional career at ESPN Radio in Dallas, starting as an overnight board operator, producer, and Sportscenter anchor. R.J. eventually talked his way onto the air as Studio Host, Pre and Postgame host for the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks, and the host of ESPN Radio “Gamenite.” Choppy also serves as the voice of the Texas Legends of the NBA D-League. He has never won a broadcasting award, nor is he a bestselling author on http://www.amazon.com.
Born in Albany, NY in 1979, R.J. moved to Belle Mead, NJ when he was 6, and lived there until attending college at The University of Tennessee. He was lucky enough to catch the senior campaign of the greatest quarterback in NFL history, Peyton Manning, and witnessed Tennessee’s National Championship in 1998. R.J. earned a B.A. in Speech Communication from Tennessee in 2002.
R.J. was a 2 handicap golfer, played baseball in the NABA, and loved to spend lunch time playing pickup games on the basketball court, but marriage ruined all that. He and his wife, Jana, have a son, and live in the Mid-Cities.
New School with Shan and RJ takes an outside the box approach with strong opinions on local sports issues. New School will be very interactive on air and on all social networks. Shan and R.J. incorporate the audience while challenging conventional sports wisdom with a unique, honest, no apologies approach.
New School with Shan and R.J. can be heard weekdays, 5:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. on 105.3 The Fan.
Follow RJ Choppy on Twitter @RJChoppy
In this week’s Man Card Court … Shan and RJ decide on cases regarding shirtless photos, the pink and “tinkle hockey”.
Your woman may be checking out your bod to know what you’re thinking. Let’s open the pages to The Other Team’s Playbook!
RJ Choppy had the pleasure of attending the Jerry Seinfeld comedy show this weekend (thanks to comedian George Wallace).
Comedian and legend George Wallace stopped in to hang with New School this morning on 105.3 The Fan. Wallace talked about his BFF, Jerry Seinfeld. Oh, and RJ asked to smell his hand.
It is the most wheels-off, unintentional, yet completely hilarious moments in New School history … and its known as … “The Michael Douglas incident”. Also Check Out: Man Killed In Southlake Town Square Shooting Severe Weather [...]
Court is in-session and men are on trial for their beloved membership to the greatest club … It’s Man Card Court!
Let’s see what crap ladies are “learning” about guys in The Other Team’s Playbook.
A vendor in Houston was recently fired for taking snow-cones into the restroom. RJ Choppy has no problem it … and he can prove it!!!
IndyCar Series Driver James Hinchcliffe joined New School this morning to talk about the Indy 500 and his upcoming race at Texas Motor Speedway.
Tony Romo will miss Dallas Cowboys Organized Team Activities after having a cyst removed from his back last month. This caused RJ Choppy to find his inner Kelly Clarkson.
Be aware fellas! The next time you look at your woman…she may leave you! Let’s see what crap ladies are “learning” about guys in The Other Team’s Playbook.
The next time you sit…you could have your “Man Card” revoked! Find out why in Man Card Court.
- Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June... Most Romantic US Honeymoon...
- Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June... Indians vs Rangers - June 12,...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June... Unique Sunglasses For Summer
Latest DFW News
- Police Bust North Dallas Prostitution Ring
- Kinsler Gets Stitches After Home Plate Collision
- Texas Senate Debating Abortion Restrictions Bill
- What’s More Likely?
- Jason Parks Of Baseball Prospectus With Ben & Skin
- Ben & Skin Review ‘This Is The End’
- Rangers GM Jon Daniels With Ben & Skin
- Backlash Against HiV/AIDS Billboard In Dallas