Rangers president Nolan Ryan expects the team to be very competitive even after the departures of Josh Hamilton, Michael Young and Mike Napoli following a season without a playoff victory.
The Rangers announced that they will open the 2013 MLB season against their new in-state AL West rivals, the Astros, in a Sunday night game on March 31 in Houston.
Impending free agent Josh Hamilton, speaking with reporters after Friday’s wild card loss to the Baltimore Orioles, said that there is a 50/50 chance he’ll return to the Texas Rangers next season, according to Jon Machota for The Dallas Morning News.
After a grinding stretch when the Texas Rangers lost nine of their last 13 games, and the AL West crown in the process, manager Ron Washington gave his players the day off Thursday.
The A’s captured their first division crown in six years with another improbable rally in a season full of them, coming back once more to stun the Rangers 12-5 on Wednesday.
Coco Crisp’s latest big hit helped put the A’s in the playoffs for the first time in six years, and they remained in contention for a division crown by beating the Rangers 4-3 on Monday.
Ian Kinsler hit a leadoff homer to start a five-run first inning, Matt Harrison got his 18th victory, and the two-time defending AL champs held on for a 9-7 victory on Thursday.
Oakland led for good just three batters into the game and chased Texas starter Martin Perez before the end of the first inning in a 9-3 victory Wednesday night against the Rangers.
George Kottaras hit a leadoff homer against Mark Lowe in the 10th inning and the Athletics moved within four games of the AL West lead by beating the Rangers 3-2 on Tuesday night.
Adrian Beltre singled home the winning run in the ninth inning Monday night, and the Rangers rallied past Oakland 5-4 to stretch their division lead to five games, with just nine to play.
Mike Napoli and Geovany Soto homered to lead the Rangers to a 3-2 victory over the Mariners on Sunday, and preserve a four-game lead over the Athletics in the division.
Another division title is within reach for the two-time defending American League champion Rangers, as long as they can stay ahead of the surprising Athletics in the AL West.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- DISD Board Supports Plan To Replace Principals, Teachers
- Jose Canseco Denies Sexual Assault Allegation
- FBI Seeks Sealed Court Documents In Investigation Into Dallas County DA
- DISD School Board To Vote On Superintendent’s Principal Plan
- Prosecutors Want Bond Revoked For Dallas Cowboy Josh Brent
- Texas’ Cities Among Fastest-Growing In US
- Forest Park Pool Needs Public’s Help
- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay Members