Starting tomorrow, Tuesday September 4th at 9:00 a.m., fans can log on to the Rangers website and register for a lottery to purchase up to two tickets for one of the three possible 2012 ALDS games.
The new format will add another wild card team, with the two wild cards to play each other in one game with the winner moving on to face a division winner.
Game 1 of the ALCS is Saturday, either at the New York Yankees or home against Detroit. The Tigers and Yankees play the deciding game of their series Thursday night.
Adrian Beltre hit three straight home runs and the Texas Rangers powered themselves back into the AL championship series, beating the Tampa Bay Rays 4-3 Tuesday to win their playoff matchup.
Rays pitcher David Price will get a chance to face the only AL opponent he’s never beaten, when he goes against the Rangers in ALDS Game 3.
Mike Napoli had a tying two-run single before Tampa Bay starter James Shields threw two wild pitches to the same batter, and the Texas Rangers went on to an 8-6 victory over the Rays in Game 2 of the AL division series Saturday night.
C.J. Wilson wanted to lead the Texas Rangers the way Cliff Lee did last postseason. It didn’t work out, at least not in Game 1.
Matt Moore was the ultimate wild card. Making only his second major league start, Moore looked like an ace in pitching seven innings of two-hit ball Friday as the improbable Tampa Bay Rays opened the real playoffs with a 9-0 victory over the defending AL champion Texas Rangers.
There was cheering in the press box. That social faux paus is never allowed in Major League Baseball, and will generally get a stern voice over the intercom reminding members of the press such actions are not allowed. Today was different.
The Texas Rangers make to it the post season for the second year in a row, and as luck would have it- this year is a repeat of the 2010 ALDS match-up against the Tampa Bay Rays.
It seems like a repeat of the 2010 season, but this year the Texas Rangers begin the ALDS with home field advantage as they battle the Tampa Bay Rays.
Fake Nolan Ryan composed a little diddy in honor of the Tampa Bay Rays fans that are coming to town as they face the Rangers in the first round of the ALDS.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- Approved Bill Would Drug Test Some Unemployment Benefit Applicants
- Parker Guides Spurs To 2-0 Lead In West Finals
- Krzyzewski Returning To Coach USA Basketball
- Pacers Couldn’t Stop The Perfect Play
- IndyCar Series Driver James Hinchcliffe Joins New School
- VIDEO: LeBron Saves Heat at Buzzer of Game 1
- Cleveland Cavaliers Claim Top Draft Pick
- One Win Away, Bruins Not Looking At Past