AMR CEO Tom Horton won’t get to lead the new American Airlines after it merges with US Airways, but he will get a going-away prize of nearly $20 million.
After months of courtship, American Airlines and US Airways are officially tying the knot. In the aviation industry’s newest marriage, the two carriers will create the world’s largest airline.
Fort Worth’s American Airlines and Phoenix’s US Airways formally announced a merger on Thursday morning to create the world’s largest airline.
Sources indicate that the American Airlines board of directors will meet on Wednesday to possibly vote on a merger with US Airways.
The boards of American Airlines parent AMR Corp. and US Airways have pushed back meeting on plans to consider a final merger, Associated Press sources say.
The Allied Pilots Association, the pilots’ union for American Airlines, is hopeful a merger between their airline and US Airways will bring a change at the top of a newly combined airline.
More of the pieces seem to be falling into place and a picture is starting to emerge of what an American Airlines-US Airways merger might look like.
First American Airlines wanted to redesign its planes, and now it plans to outfit employees in new uniforms.
American Airlines says it will use Republic Airways Holdings Inc. to operate regional flights using 76-seat planes.
A bankruptcy judge has granted permission for AMR to buy new, fuel-efficient planes. American Airlines plans to receive nearly 60 planes this year and has 550 more on order.
American Airlines is attempting a financial makeover in bankruptcy court, and has rolled out a new look for its airplanes.
American Airlines has renegotiated orders with Boeing Co. to save money and in some cases get a slightly smaller, less expensive version of the new 787 jet.
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
- Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May...
- Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -... Rangers vs Athletics – May... Flash Forward: Concept Cars... G-Bag Nation Live From...
Latest DFW News
- Rangers RHP Lewis: No Timetable After Rehab Start
- One North Texas Officer Says Ticket Quotas Do Exist…And It May Be A Ticket To A Trophy
- Parts of Granbury Evacuated Under Severe Weather Threats
- 8 Questions For Cowboys At OTAs
- Praise for Firefighter Stan Wilson Both On, Off-Duty
- Rangers Turn Lowe Loose To Make Room For Lindblom
- Tortorella Says There’s ‘No Give’ In Rangers As Series Shifts To N.Y.
- Kings Return Home To Practice Between Road Playoff Games