American Airlines’ parent company and the union representing pilots inside the airline have reached an ‘agreement in principle’ Friday afternoon, ending a months-long fight over how the Fort Worth-based airline should go forward.
The Allied Pilots Association sent its board of directors home Friday with negotiations on a new labor agreement with American Airlines at an impasse. Sources with knowledge of the negotiations said both sides were locked on the issue of what pilots call outsourcing.
The union representing pilots for American Airlines sent the strongest message yet to its members Thursday night to immediately stop anything they’re doing to slow down the airline.
The union for American Airlines pilots has decided to hold a strike vote. While strike ballots are on the way to 8,000 AA pilots, Allied Pilots Association (APA) spokesman Tom Hoban says the move doesn’t mean there will be a strike.
The Fort Worth-based company is asking the bankruptcy court to let it end its union contracts, which the airline says put it at a competitive disadvantage.
American Airlines says it’s ready to play hardball with its three big unions.
There is indication American Airlines and it’s pilots union may be close to a contract deal.
- Athletics vs Rangers – June... Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June...
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 12,... Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June...
Latest DFW News
- NJ Gov. Christie Is Still A Cowboys Fan
- Dewhurst Tweet: Abortion Bill Is Attempt To Close Clinics
- Company Recalls Pet Food Products Over Salmonella Concerns
- Frisco Women’s League Throws Signature Fundraiser
- Cancer Survivors Rally At Pajama Ice Cream Party
- Gun Safety: Tips For Safely Keeping A Gun In Your Home
- Police Need Help Identifying Aggravated Robbery Suspects
- Darvish, Washington Credit Talented A’s Lineup