A Coast Guard official says the cause of the engine-room fire on the Carnival cruise ship Triumph was a leak in a fuel oil return line.
A maze of rules and regulations and fragmented oversight make it tough for consumers to assess the health and safety records of cruise ships.
Catching sight of her father, 7-year-old Isabelle Raade broke into a run, landing in his arms. After a week away from her parents, she’s happy to have them back. “I missed them,” she said.
Passengers on the Carnival Triumph have described hallways filled with sewage, people fighting over food, and sickness sweeping over the ship.
Carnival Cruise Lines has canceled voyages through April aboard the Triumph, a ship that has been plagued by mechanical problems in recent weeks and was finally left powerless in the Gulf of Mexico after an engine-room fire.
A spokeswoman for Princess Cruises says more than 100 passengers and crew contracted a stomach virus on one of its ships bound for a port in Galveston.
North Texas travelers are dumbfounded by the tragic accident on the Costa Concordia and the captain’s reaction, but many aren’t letting it affect planning for their own trips.
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
- Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show
- Rangers vs Athletics - May... Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -... Rangers vs Athletics – May... Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
Latest DFW News
- Preparing For Severe Weather In North Texas
- Banged-Up Lundqvist Ready To Go For Rangers In Game 3
- The Other Team’s Playbook: 5.21.13
- Reacting To Romo’s Cyst Surgery
- OK Tornado Survivor Finds Dog Buried Alive In Rubble
- An Afterthought On The Network Upfronts
- Golf Adopts Rule To Ban Anchored Putting Stroke
- Sex Offender List Closer To Pulling Job Details