Dallas City Council
The Dallas City Council is largely behind plans to build a PGA-quality golf course in South Dallas. But if there’s not an agreement to move the Byron Nelson Tournament to the new course, the project could be derailed.
The battle over a new ordinance to protect bike riders in Dallas continues at Dallas City Hall on Monday. The council is looking at putting an ordinance together that makes it illegal to throw things at cyclists or pass them too closely.
Wednesday morning the Dallas City Council gave all the necessary approvals to move ahead with the construction of a new $17 million L’Oreal USA distribution center in South Dallas.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, responsible for building and maintaining levees, would not be liable for their own mistakes if one were to fail, according to a federal court decision.
A major ruling out of the Hurricane Katrina damage in New Orleans could have an affect on the levee system around Dallas.
The City of Dallas has finalized its budget for the upcoming fiscal year starting October first.
Some recent controversial 911 calls provided the background for a discussion on new computers for the City of Dallas during Wednesday’s council briefing. Improvements to the call center were among the items discussed.
Officials with Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport were busy Wednesday pitching next year’s proposed $660 million spending plan during a Dallas City Council briefing session, this despite the looming uncertainty surrounding the American Airlines bankruptcy.
A war is brewing in Dallas over the newly redistricted City Council map.
The proposed City of Dallas budget still has a $25 million gap, but that’s better than the situation a few months ago and better than the hundreds of millions of dollars worth of shortfalls the city has dealt with in recent years.
Dallas County motorists who fail to stop when a school bus extends its red stop sign may soon get a $300 ticket, thanks to cameras being installed on 1,700 buses.
Dallas councilmembers voted to make some drought emergency procedures permanent, even though recent rains have left reservoirs full.
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
- Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May...
Latest DFW News
- Pet Of The Week: Raven
- Woman Killed While Crossing Arlington Street
- Grand Prairie Man Suspected In Double Murder Arrested In New Mexico
- Moore Residents Sort Through Tornado Debris
- Medicine Cabinet Dangers: What Every Parent Needs To Know
- Viral Video: Zach Sobiech’s Last Days
- A Romo Tribute: ‘Cyst You Been Gone’
- Boy Scouts To Decide Policy On Gay Members