The lawyer for a Dallas County woman set to die next week is appealing to block the woman’s execution, which would be the 500th in Texas since the state resumed carrying out the death penalty in 1982.
Just four states carried out more than three-fourths of the executions in the United States this year, while another 23 states have not put an inmate to death in 10 years, an anti-capital punishment group reports.
On Tuesday, 48-year-old Cleve Foster is scheduled for his third trip to the death house for participating in the abduction and slaying of a 30-year-old Sudanese woman, Nyaneur Pal, a decade ago near Fort Worth.
A former Army recruiter set to die Tuesday evening for the rape-slaying of a woman in Fort Worth nearly a decade ago got his third reprieve this year from the U.S. Supreme Court.
The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals has upheld the death sentence of a gang member convicted of gunning down a 5-year-old girl and her grandmother three years ago in Fort Worth.
Texas juries sentenced eight convicted killers to death in 2010, the fewest since 1976 in the nation’s most active death penalty state.
- Athletics vs Rangers – June... Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June...
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 12,... Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June...
Latest DFW News
- Rangers Rally To Beat The A’s, 9-4
- Suspect Fires At Irving Police, Officers Return Fire
- North Texas Man Getting Second Chance At Life
- The Adventures Of Nigel & Whippie: With Montez Bishara
- Will Animals Take Over?
- Idea For A New Rangers Movie
- Ben & Skin: Other Parts Of The Paper
- Killed Youth Pastor Remembered At Memorial