Family: Tom Petty Died Of Accidental Drug OverdoseDana and Adria Petty say they got the results from the coroner's office earlier in the day that the overdose was caused due to a variety of medications.
Supervised Heroin Injection Facilities Are Lifesavers For Those Who Use ThemThe City of Denver is exploring the idea of setting up supervised injection facilities, where drug addicts can safely shoot up, as a means to prevent drug overdoses.
Pennsylvania Girl, 1, Died From Elephant Tranquilizer AccidentA 1-year-old Pittsburgh-area girl's sudden death in August resulted from accidental exposure to carfentanil, an elephant tranquilizer sometimes mixed with heroin.
Autopsy: Texas A&M Fraternity Member Died Of Alcohol, DrugsThe Travis County Medical Examiner's Office on Monday said the 20-year-old sophomore died of a lethal mixture of alcohol and drugs.
Doctor Prescribed Painkiller For Prince In Another NameA court document says a doctor prescribed oxycodone for Prince under the name of the musician's friend to protect his privacy.
Coroner: Dead Man Mistakenly Cremated After Name Confusion A 26-year-old man was mistakenly cremated after a Los Angeles County Coroner's technician confused his remains with those of another man with the same name.
Autopsy Confirms Student From Frisco Who Died At A&M Party OD'dCollege Station Police said 19-year-old Anton Gridnev died of an accidental overdose of several different types of opiates in August.
Jim Carrey Calls Lawsuit Over Ex's Death 'Heartless'Jim Carrey says a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the estranged husband of his ex-girlfriend is a heartless attempt to exploit him and vowed to fight the case.
More Than 50 Sick In Austin After Alleged Synthetic Drug UseInvestigators say emergency responders in downtown Austin have treated more than 50 people who got sick after allegedly using synthetic marijuana.
Sigma Nu Suspends Texas A&M Chapter After Drug DeathThe Sigma Nu fraternity has suspended all activities of its Kappa Sigma chapter at Texas A&M University following the death of 19-year-old member Anton Gridnev by drug overdose last weekend.
Texas A&M Student Dies Of Apparent Drug Overdose; Four ArrestedPolice said a preliminary investigation has determined that a Texas A&M University student found unresponsive at a fraternity house died of a drug overdose.
Leaders Discuss K2 Drug Problem At City Hall MeetingLeaders in Dallas are trying to figure out what it will really take to stop a growing drug problem. Today city officials will hear from police and discuss plans on how to combat K2.