The U.S. Geological Survey says several earthquakes have shaken central Oklahoma. Geophysicists say the temblors were centered northeast of Oklahoma City. The strongest quake had a magnitude of 4.3 and was centered near the town of Luther.
It went down with a boom! The Weatherford Street bridge in Fort Worth was blown up Monday night as part of a project to fix roads in the area. But people both near and far were rattled by the late-night demolition.
North Texas has had another minor earthquake. The U.S. Geological Survey says the 2.7 magnitude quake happened at 8:47 a.m. Sunday near Godley.
If things ever start shaking at Immaculate Conception School of Denton the students know what to do. The Federal Emergency Management Agency held the ‘Great American Shakeout’ Thursday. Over 2 million students across the central United States took part.
When you think about severe weather in North Texas, flash floods and tornadoes come to mind. But the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) wants to make sure everyone knows what to do in the event of a major earthquake.
East Texas had another minor earthquake. The U.S. Geological Survey said that the 4.1 magnitude quake happened at 1:01 a.m. Friday morning near the town of Timpson.
A small earthquake hit the mid-cities area of North Texas near DFW International Airport late Tuesday night. See an interactive map of North Texas earthquakes since 1973.
Another minor earthquake rattled parts of North Texas late Monday night. It was centered near Mansfield, but police said that there were no reports of damage or injuries.
A 2.7-magnitude earthquake shook the ground near Midlothian on Tuesday night, just south of the DFW area in Ellis County, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
While the City of Irving received no official reports of damage from a magnitude 3.4 earthquake over the weekend, residents who live around the epicenter have started to notice some minor things out of the ordinary
A series of three earthquakes rattled homes and nerves across North Texas over the weekend. The most recent quake hit just after 10:30 p.m. Sunday in Irving.
The U.S. Geological Survey says a minor earthquake measuring a preliminary 3.4 magnitude has rattled an area west of Dallas, Texas.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- North Texas Woman Condemned For Boy’s Starvation Loses Appeal
- RJ Choppy: “I’ll Eat A Sandwich From The Restroom Floor”
- James, Bryant Voted To All-NBA First Team
- Bond Revocation Hearing For Cowboys’ Josh Brent
- Texas Tax Break For Energy Star Items
- Texans With Character: Stacy Smith
- Remembering The Meaning Of Memorial Day
- Viral Video: Big Gas Savings