The first day of school feels to children the way the first day on a job feels to parents, a bit stressful. The two best ways to prepare your children for a less stressful first day is to change as many unknown factors to known and provide positive support.
More than 100 buses pick up and drop off students in the Allen Independent School District. Servicing and fueling those buses can be a monumental task, because not all of them end up in the same facility.
Someone shooting off fireworks has burned down a major portion of a playground at a North Texas school, Rockwall County authorities say.
The U.S. Supreme Court says it will not review a lower court’s decision that two North Texas elementary school principals have immunity from liability for stopping students from handing out Christian candy cane pens.
Not only is today the last days of class for students at nine schools in the Dallas Independent School District, but it’s also the last day the campuses will exist. DISD is shutting the doors of the schools for good.
The Dallas ISD is looking into shutting down 11 schools and consolidating them with others as a way to cut into a $30 million budget shortfall.
Residents in Jubilee Park are confused and angry that the city is demolishing a neighborhood elementary school that was built more than 100 years ago.
Public schools are on the state chopping block. Billions of dollars could be slashed. Thousands of employees could be laid off. And class sizes could be getting larger. But there is at least one program the federal government wants to expand here in Texas and nationwide: Breakfast in the classroom.
One day after a routine drug and alcohol awareness program at Arlington’s Mary Moore Elementary School. they had an incident that was anything but routine.
A bake sale in an Arlington neighborhood started as a classroom assignment. Third graders at Duff Elementary School in Arlington were asked to identify a problem and map out a solution. Eight-year-old Brianna Hicks and her classmate Maci Clark decided to tackle the Arlington Independent School District’s budget shortfall, one cookie at a time.
A battle over an elementary school has parents promising to protest in Grand Prairie.
Court has become a deterrent instead of detention for some North Texas students.
- Big Balls At Bombshells... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,...
- Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
Latest DFW News
- Lake Levels for the Memorial Day Weekend in North Texas
- Woman Set On Fire Fights For Her Life
- Police Say Tips Coming In For Southlake Murder
- Special Prosecutor Files Notice of Contempt Against Dallas County DA Craig Watkins
- DISD School Board Appoves Plan To Dismiss Principals, Teachers
- TXDOT To Overhaul Central Expressway
- Montague Deputy Shot In Line Of Duty Returns To Work
- Brandon Carr Celebrity Softball Game