More than 400 people have been sickened by contaminated steroid shots distributed by the compounding pharmacy, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Thirty deaths have been reported.
Lori Cavanaugh is one of the 14,000 people across the country to receive a steroid injection supplied by the pharmacy tied to the meningitis outbreak.
Dozens of North Texas clinics and healthcare centers were customers of a Massachusetts pharmacy at the center of a nationwide meningitis outbreak.
Don’t worry. That’s the word from local healthcare officials after the government released a customer list for a pharmaceutical company at the center of a fatal meningitis outbreak tied to tainted steroid injections.
A medical expert tells CBS 11 that the meningitis outbreak that has killed 15 people so far is nowhere near its end.
Federal health officials are reporting the death toll from an outbreak of a rare fungal meningitis has risen to 15.
A deadly meningitis outbreak linked to steroid shots has grown. The multi state outbreak shines a spotlight on compounding pharmacies. What are they and are they safe?
More than 100 North Texans have been notified they did receive an injection from the medication involved in nationwide meningitis outbreak.
Texas is among 23 states that received shipments of a steroid used to treat back pain but is now linked to a rare fungal meningitis outbreak.
- CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May...
- Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May...
Latest DFW News
- Fort Worth Police Officer Hurt In Crash
- Video Of Man’s Home Torn Apart By Tornado Goes Viral
- CBS 11 I-Team Puts Mosquito Repelling Products To The Test
- School Supplies and Toys Donated To Tornado Victims
- One Man Dead After Shooting At Southlake Town Square
- ATF Accused Of Blocking Investigation Of West Explosion
- Scout Leaders Expected To Vote On Openly Gay Scouts
- Affidavit: Mother Of Child Who Died in Hot Car ‘Certain’ She Dropped Daughter Off At Daycare