A man convicted three decades ago of stabbing a woman more than 40 times could soon be freed thanks to DNA testing.
The state association of district attorneys says that only a small handful of nearly 100 alleged “prosecutorial misconduct” cases in Texas show signs of willful mistakes by prosecutors.
After serving 24 years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit, today a North Texas man received an apology from a judge and a standing ovation. David Lee Wiggins was freed Friday after DNA tests proved he wasn’t the person who raped a 14-year-old girl.
Three men convicted of a nearly 20-year-old aggravated robbery of an elderly woman in Dallas will be declared innocent of the crime on Friday.
The first historical marker in the nation to memorialize someone wrongfully convicted will be unveiled Monday in Fort Worth.
In 1981, Rickey Dale Wyatt was sent to prison after Dallas County jurors convicted him of a brutal rape. Wyatt was released from jail Wednesday because of a prosecutorial error during his trial. But the woman who accused him stands by her story: She says her memory of the crime is as sharp today as the blade that left her body scarred on Nov. 1, 1980.
He wasn’t exonerated but a Dallas man who spent 31 years behind bars for sexual assault is now out of jail. Wednesday a judge released Rickey Dale Wyatt and and recommended his 1981 conviction be set aside.
A top prosecutor says a man who has spent 31 years in prison for sexual assault didn’t receive a fair trial and that the conviction should be vacated.
The long-estranged father of the first Texas inmate to be posthumously exonerated by DNA testing has suddenly come forward, claiming he’s entitled to half of the nearly $1.1 million the state awarded to the man’s family for his wrongful imprisonment.
Tim Cole was found guilty by the justice system, but in death the North Texan has found freedom. Now his family says there’s something else standing in the way of remembering him.
- Big Balls At Bombshells... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,...
- Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
Latest DFW News
- Special Prosecutor Files Notice of Contempt Against Dallas County DA Craig Watkins
- DISD School Board Appoves Plan To Dismiss Principals, Teachers
- TXDOT To Overhaul Central Expressway
- Montague Deputy Shot In Line Of Duty Returns To Work
- Brandon Carr Celebrity Softball Game
- Man Sentenced To 50 Years For Collin County Cold Case Murder
- Cowboys CB Brandon Carr Joins Ben & Skin
- Despite Tornado Damage Nat’l Polka Fest Kicks Off In Ennis