An East Texas school district has agreed to pay $1.53 million for the gymnasium, administration building and other assets of bankrupt Lon Morris College.
The oldest junior college in Texas has been sold at auction with much of the property going to the local school district and an office supply company.
The campus of Lon Morris College, including most of its buildings, is set to be auctioned off Monday after the state’s oldest junior college filed for bankruptcy last year.
Just weeks after the semester wrapped for an East Texas junior college, faculty and staff learned via email they had been laid off.
A 114-year-old East Texas woman could now be the oldest person in the world.
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
- Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show
- Rangers vs Athletics - May... Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -... Rangers vs Athletics – May... Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
Latest DFW News
- An Afterthought On The Network Upfronts
- Golf Adopts Rule To Ban Anchored Putting Stroke
- Sex Offender List Closer To Pulling Job Details
- Texas Radioactive Waste Bill Killed For Error
- Failing Schools Could Get Special Districts
- Help May Be Available For Uninsured In West
- Cleburne Parents Arrested After Adopted Son Dies
- Tornado Hits West Texas Town Of Blanket