A North Texas man pushed his luck one too many times trying to avoid jury duty. Efforts to avoid doing his civic duty have landed Jose Bocanegra Jr. behind bars.
Jury duty in Texas is about to become even more unpopular and it’s all due to budget cuts made during the last legislative session. Beginning Wednesday, the state is dropping the amount it kicks in to pay jurors.
Parker County Judge Trey Loftin says residents are skipping out on Jury Duty, putting the county’s justice system in jeopardy.
Super Bowl is the excuse why some potential jurors aren’t needed in Fort Worth this week.
Latest DFW News
- Bae Wins Byron Nelson For First PGA Tour Title
- New Lunch Options For Lemurs At Dallas Zoo
- Cuban Hobnobs With Chris Paul (And Tiger Woods) In Vegas
- Mother And Daughter Dead; Double Homicide
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Rangers Place Ian Kinsler On 15-Day Disabled List
- Body Recovered At Lake Arlington
- Residents In Granbury Get Glimpse Of Their Homes