After being listed as missing in action for more than 60 years a Korean War vet was laid to rest today.
Helen White quietly sits on the couch thumbing through all the paper work she’s received about her cousin, Army Private First Class Weldon Alonzo Davis.
The body of a soldier from Burleson arrived at DFW Airport on Wednesday morning for a full military service on Friday. Bobby Ray King left Texas for the Korean War in 1948.
For the first time, a Medal of Honor recipient was laid to rest at DFW National Cemetery.
A group of 12 brave military heroes and their guests left Dallas Love Field for a two-day tour of Washington D.C. as part of the ‘Faces of Freedom’ program.
So many do so much to honor our veterans, but this just may be one you’ve never heard done. A group of North Texas Marines have planned a mission. They are going to read the name of every veteran lost in conflict, aloud, on a single day.
Ruth Davis placed her hand over her heart as her uncle’s remains were taken off a jet in a flag-draped casket, marking the soldier’s somber return to Texas more than 60 years after he died in the Korean War.
A Korean War veteran will finally be laid to rest in his Texas hometown more than 60 years after he was declared missing in action.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- Despite Tornado Damage Nat’l Polka Fest Kicks Off In Ennis
- North Texas Storm & Tornado Damage Could Reach $250 Million
- KT And Baldwin Ride The Texas SkyScreamer
- Bush Hosts 2nd Day Of Bike Ride For Veterans
- Comedian Bobby Lee Joins New School
- Birdman Flying High For The Heat
- Judge Denies Motion To Revoke Brent’s Bail
- Game 5: Quick Makes 24 Saves To Help Kings Top Sharks 3-0, Up 3-2 In Series