It’s that time of year when deliveries and delivery notices become Christmas decorations around the front door. But CBS 11 News has learned the State of Texas is investigating one of the notices you may find.
Postal worker Roger Campian was sitting inside his mail truck, about to head out to deliver mail along the same route he’s worked for the past 10 years, when he heard a loud noise.
With no financial relief in sight, the U.S. Postal Service is pushing ahead with planned cuts to more than 260 mail processing centers around the nation, including in North Texas.
The countdown is on. There are only a few days left before Christmas and time is running out to get your cards and gifts in the mail.
The Dallas U.S. Postal Service mail processing center could soon be closing. A public meeting is being held Wednesday night to discuss the plan that would consolidate the Dallas operation with the mail processing center in Fort Worth.
The U.S. Postal Service said Tuesday it has lost $5.1 billion in the past year, pushing it closer to imminent default on a multibillion-dollar payment and to future bankruptcy.
The Postal Service is considering closing more than 1 in 10 of its retail outlets. The financially-troubled agency announced Tuesday that it will study 3,653 local offices, branches and stations for possible closing.
Could mail delivery be cut back to three days-a-week? That’s not under consideration right now, Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe said Wednesday. But it’s something that could happen in 15 to 20 years.
- Big Balls At Bombshells... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,...
- Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
Latest DFW News
- Escaped Prisoner On The Lam
- Huey Lewis Sports Fan Ticket Contest
- Lake Levels for the Memorial Day Weekend in North Texas
- Woman Set On Fire Fights For Her Life
- Police Say Tips Coming In For Southlake Murder
- Special Prosecutor Files Notice of Contempt Against Dallas County DA Craig Watkins
- DISD School Board Appoves Plan To Dismiss Principals, Teachers
- TXDOT To Overhaul Central Expressway