Barbra Streisand, Aretha Franklin and Liza Minnelli took turns singing songs by the late Marvin Hamlisch during a stirring memorial service for the composer on Tuesday.
Admirers of Marvin Hamlisch, including former President Bill Clinton and Liza Minnelli, gathered Tuesday to bid farewell to the celebrated songwriter hailed as “the people’s composer.”
Hamlisch’s career included composing, conducting and arranging music from Broadway to Hollywood. His movies included “The Way We Were” and “Sophie’s Choice.”
It’s Broadway’s biggest night and you can celebrate in North Texas – for free!!
He is one of the world’s premiere composers and conductors and we are proud in North Texas to call Marvin Hamlisch our Dallas Symphony Pops Conductor!
The Dallas Symphony Orchestra hosts Happy Hour with Hamlisch from 5-6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 2, in the lobby of the Morton H. Meyerson, 2301 Flora St.
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
- Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May...
- Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -... Rangers vs Athletics – May... Flash Forward: Concept Cars... G-Bag Nation Live From...
Latest DFW News
- Texas Motor Speedway Firestone 550 Contest
- Rangers RHP Lewis: No Timetable After Rehab Start
- One North Texas Officer Says Ticket Quotas Do Exist…And It May Be A Ticket To A Trophy
- Parts of Granbury Evacuated Under Severe Weather Threats
- 8 Questions For Cowboys At OTAs
- Praise for Firefighter Stan Wilson Both On, Off-Duty
- Rangers Turn Lowe Loose To Make Room For Lindblom
- Tortorella Says There’s ‘No Give’ In Rangers As Series Shifts To N.Y.