A former Houston resident said that he contracted listeria-related meningitis after eating Blue Bell ice cream. Now, he is suing the Texas company for negligence.
Dallas County Health and Human Services announced that it has a limited amount of the Adult Safety Net Program meningitis vaccine for $10.
It’s a first for Texas – and not in a good way. Officials in Houston are worried after a giant African land snail was found in someone’s backyard. The snails can destroy vegetation and crops, and even eat through the stucco on homes.
Ebonie Conner, mother of a teen battling the effects of the West Nile Virus, said she may soon have the chance to change people’s perceptions about the virus.
The owner and director of the specialty pharmacy tied to a deadly meningitis outbreak declined to testify Wednesday morning before a congressional committee investigating the matter.
Nearly a decade ago, federal health inspectors wanted to shut down the pharmacy linked to a recent deadly meningitis outbreak until it cleaned up its operations.
More than 400 people have been sickened by contaminated steroid shots distributed by the compounding pharmacy, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Thirty deaths have been reported.
A North Texas man has become the latest to contract meningitis after receiving a tainted steroid shot mixed at a now discredited New England pharmacy.
Lori Cavanaugh is one of the 14,000 people across the country to receive a steroid injection supplied by the pharmacy tied to the meningitis outbreak.
Dozens of North Texas clinics and healthcare centers were customers of a Massachusetts pharmacy at the center of a nationwide meningitis outbreak.
Don’t worry. That’s the word from local healthcare officials after the government released a customer list for a pharmaceutical company at the center of a fatal meningitis outbreak tied to tainted steroid injections.
The FDA released — and later retracted — a list that included more medical facilities across the country that received medicines from the company linked to the meningitis outbreak.