National Transportation Safety Board
Officials in a West Texas city where four wounded veterans died when a train hit their parade float wouldn’t say Friday why they won’t pursue criminal charges against the driver.
Federal investigators say the warning signals at a railroad crossing activated 20 seconds before a float crossed the tracks in a parade that killed four military veterans and injured 16 others.
A freight train slammed into a parade float carrying wounded veterans on Thursday, killing four people and injuring 17 others as the float drove through a West Texas railroad crossing on its way to an honorary banquet, authorities said.
An investigator from the National Transportation Safety Board will be heading to Nigeria to help piece together the cause of a jet crash that claimed the life of a former University of North Texas student.
Authorities say two people are dead and four others injured after a private airplane from Texas crashed just short of an airport runway during a heavy snowstorm in Colorado.
Junior Woods has a well-practiced routine for conducting business on the road: While driving throughout rural Arkansas, the electronics salesman steals a glance at his cellphone every so often, checking for text messages and emails.
Texting, emailing or chatting on a cellphone while driving is simply too dangerous to be allowed, federal safety investigators declared Tuesday, urging all states to impose total bans except for emergencies.
NASCAR team owner Rick Hendrick and his wife Linda are recovering at a Florida hospital after their plane crash landed at an airport in Key West.
A pilot taking off from the Lancaster Airport at about 3:30 p.m. Sunday noticed an indicator light alerting him to a fuel leak and immediately turned around and landed, FAA spokesman Lynn Lunsford said.
Southwest Airlines says it has finished inspecting planes grounded since the weekend.
Federal records show cracks were found and repaired a year ago in the frame of the Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-300 that made an emergency landing at an Arizona military base after a hole was torn from the passenger cabin.
Friday was a rough day in the skies for both North Texas-based airlines. A Southwest Airlines jet had to divert in Arizona just hours after an American Airlines flight had to land in Ohio.
- CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May...
- Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May...
Latest DFW News
- Fort Worth Police Officer Hurt In Crash
- Video Of Man’s Home Torn Apart By Tornado Goes Viral
- CBS 11 I-Team Puts Mosquito Repelling Products To The Test
- School Supplies and Toys Donated To Tornado Victims
- One Man Dead After Shooting At Southlake Town Square
- ATF Accused Of Blocking Investigation Of West Explosion
- Scout Leaders Expected To Vote On Openly Gay Scouts
- Affidavit: Mother Of Child Who Died in Hot Car ‘Certain’ She Dropped Daughter Off At Daycare