Sitting backwards on a horse, riding circles inside a barn, Kaitlyn Samuels slapped her knee. Her eyes were wide, her mouth open. She was happy.
Watching video of a stranger in physical therapy slowly bending one finger at a time, Rob Heidemann gasped.
CBS 11 News has discovered $250,000 in grant money, and a proven equine therapy program in Tarrant County, begging for veterans to take advantage.
Paraplegics and quadriplegics have found a new home gym in Euless. The nonprofit space offers specialized machines for disabled residents to use while exercising.
The Nintendo Wii and similar devices have been credited with getting people off the couch and taking an active role in gaming. Similar technology is now helping North Texas seniors make physical therapy progress.
Tom Hise said he doesn’t know if his son will ever be able to verbalize his thoughts, but 10-year-old Robert is active and energetic about his time spent at a Plano gym development for children with autism.
Latest DFW News
- New Lunch Options For Lemurs At Dallas Zoo
- Cuban Hobnobs With Chris Paul (And Tiger Woods) In Vegas
- Mother And Daughter Dead; Double Homicide
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Rangers Place Ian Kinsler On 15-Day Disabled List
- Body Recovered At Lake Arlington
- Residents In Granbury Get Glimpse Of Their Homes
- Andrus Has 5 Hits In Texas’ 7-2 Win Over Detroit