A 20-year-old Fort Worth man received nine life sentences on for committing multiple armed robberies during a two-week period in 2011.
A former Texas parole officer has been sentenced to almost two years in federal prison for taking bribes from a man she supervised and not reporting his alleged financial violations.
A Texas inmate was executed Thursday evening for fatally shooting one of three people he and a partner abducted during a convenience store robbery nearly 11 years ago. Richard Cobb, 29, didn’t deny using a 20-gauge shotgun to kill Kenneth Vandever in an East Texas field where two women also were shot and one was raped. He was convicted of capital murder.
Cell phones can fetch more than a thousand dollars inside Texas prisons and have become the most sought after contraband among inmates.
he nation’s largest state prison system is turning to electronic weaponry to combat the persistent headache of illegal cellphones smuggled to inmates.
Jurors in a city buffeted by financial crisis convicted former Detroit Mayor and current Grand Prairie resident Kwame Kilpatrick on corruption charges Monday.
The former corporate spokesman for computer game retailer Gamestop has been sentenced to prison after admitting to defrauding the company out of almost $2 million.
A judge has sentenced a North Texas man to 50 years in prison for killing his ex-girlfriend’s mother.
The Texas prosecutor who brokered a 10-year probationary sentence for former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf in 2010 says he is working on a plea deal that would allow the Montana native to serve his sentence in his home state.
Texas prisoner Jerry Hartfield was still a young man when he was told his murder conviction had been overturned and he would get a new trial. Hartfield was moved off death row, but 32 years later is still waiting for that new trial.
Just four states carried out more than three-fourths of the executions in the United States this year, while another 23 states have not put an inmate to death in 10 years, an anti-capital punishment group reports.
Former Dallas Cowboys linebacker Eugene Lockhart Jr. has been sentenced to 41/2 years in federal prison for his role in a mortgage fraud scheme to swindle millions of dollars from home lenders.
- CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May...
- Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May...
Latest DFW News
- Viral Video: Google Glass 2.0
- Solar-Powered Plane Lands In DFW
- Jury To Decide Fate Of Man Who Killed Sons
- Big Texas Cities Show Strong Growth
- Jarrett & Petty Among NASCAR HOF Inductees
- DFW Exhibit Shows Last Art Seen By JFK
- Johnson Always Feels Good At Colonial
- Fort Worth Police Officer Hurt In Crash