A World War II veteran injured in 1944 when he was struck by a German tank in France has been posthumously awarded a Purple Heart in a West Texas ceremony.
Federal lawmakers have proposed making the victims of the 2009 Fort Hood shooting rampage eligible for the Purple Heart.
The Department of Defense announced Monday Army Staff Sgt. Houston Taylor of Hurst, Texas, died Thursday in Kunar province after enemy forces attacked his unit with small arms fire.
Lance Corporal Tanner Ivie was awarded the Purple Heart. So, he already knew he had what it takes to ask Taylor Swift to the Marine Ball.
Marine Corporal Zach Briseno can’t always wear his prosthetic legs, making it tough to maneuver his small Fort Worth apartment. A Houston nonprofit changed that, and now he’s landed in a new four-bedroom home.
A former Marine, and now double amputee, is one step closer to having a new, functional home.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- Jose Canseco Denies Sexual Assault Allegation
- FBI Seeks Sealed Court Documents In Investigation Into Dallas County DA
- DISD School Board To Vote On Superintendent’s Principal Plan
- Prosecutors Want Bond Revoked For Dallas Cowboy Josh Brent
- Texas’ Cities Among Fastest-Growing In US
- Forest Park Pool Needs Public’s Help
- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay Members
- Storm Chances Return for North Texas