Civil rights groups gathered in Austin at the Texas state capitol to release a report asking for the closure of Dawson State Jail in Dallas.
President Obama’s former advisor says it was probably a mistake that the Commander in Chief’s immigration plan was made public. Regardless, Democratic state Representative Rafael Anchia (Dallas District 103) says it’s time for immigration reform.
83rd State Legislative session gets underway in Austin with a long list of priorities.
Texas Democrats have the longest losing streak in the nation, having lost every race for statewide office since 1994, but with Republicans stressing greater conservatism and fresh faces running as Democrats, they hope to turn that around.
Some groups that are usually on the opposite side of issues are joining together to oppose Arizona style immigration reform for Texas.
Latest DFW News
- Residents In Granbury Get Glimpse Of Their Homes
- Andrus Has 5 Hits In Texas’ 7-2 Win Over Detroit
- Powerball Ticket Sales Soar
- Tornado Sucks Survivor Into The Air
- Severe Threat Increases
- Bradley Keeps Lead After 3 Rounds At Nelson
- Notorious Texas Millionaire Laid To Rest
- Man Arrested In Connection To West Dallas Killing