Shares of beleaguered retailer J.C. Penney are up more than 6 percent in aftermarket trading on Thursday after billionaire financier George Soros disclosed a 7.9 percent stake in the company.
JCPenney said that it has drawn $850 million from its $1.85 billion revolving credit line, a clear sign that the flailing department store chain is in a severe cash crunch.
J.C. Penney is naming Mike Ullman as its new CEO. He takes over from Ron Johnson, who is leaving the company.
After losing big money and customers, Plano-based JC Penney is touching up its plans for a total makeover.
The word from J.C. Penney’s Chief Financial Officer Ken Hannah: neither he nor CEO Ron Johnson have plans to resign despite a growing chorus of critics calling for a management shake-up as they lose faith in a turnaround strategy.
The doors are still open at JCPenney stores– and the cash registers are ringing– but not nearly enough.
It’s been a tough week to be Ron Johnson. After facing down investors this week over a dismal quarterly performance, the JCPenney CEO will be in the spotlight again — in court.
Shares of JCPenney plunged a day after the department store chain reported massive losses and a nearly 30 percent drop in revenue in its fiscal fourth-quarter period.
JC Penney took a different approach to Black Friday than other major retailers like Target, Wal-Mart and Toys ‘R’ Us, which opened Thanksgiving evening.
Six months after the department store chain got rid of sales in favor of a three-tier pricing approach, JCPenney is eliminating one tier and bringing back the word “clearance.”
JCPenney’s shares are tumbling a day after the company announced the departure of Michael Francis, a top executive brought in last October to help redefine the store’s brand.
JCPenney CEO Ron Johnson said that the department store chain is resurrecting the word “sale” in promoting its monthlong events, the latest change to reverse a drop in customers.
- CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May...
- Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May...
Latest DFW News
- Viral Video: Google Glass 2.0
- Solar-Powered Plane Lands In DFW
- Jury To Decide Fate Of Man Who Killed Sons
- Big Texas Cities Show Strong Growth
- Jarrett & Petty Among NASCAR HOF Inductees
- DFW Exhibit Shows Last Art Seen By JFK
- Johnson Always Feels Good At Colonial
- Fort Worth Police Officer Hurt In Crash