The Cowboys are wielding a credit card more than they are wielding a pair of scissors as they make salary adjustments to slice more than $20 million from the cap in order to slide under the NFL’s expected 2012 salary cap of $123 million.
The Cowboys have reworked the contracts of five starters, including DeMarcus Ware, Jason Witten and Miles Austin, to save salary cap space.
Averaging 78.7 yards rushing per game — just 3.5 yards a carry — the Cowboys are on pace for their worst rushing season since the very first year of the franchise in 1960.
Ryan Cook was playing against the Cowboys in the preseason finale only a couple of weeks ago. Now, he is preparing to start in the middle of their restructured offensive front.
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
- Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May...
- Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -... Rangers vs Athletics – May... Flash Forward: Concept Cars... G-Bag Nation Live From...
Latest DFW News
- 8 Questions For Cowboys At OTAs
- Praise for Firefighter Stan Wilson Both On, Off-Duty
- Rangers Turn Lowe Loose To Make Room For Lindblom
- Tortorella Says There’s ‘No Give’ In Rangers As Series Shifts To N.Y.
- Kings Return Home To Practice Between Road Playoff Games
- At Least 51 Killed In Oklahoma Tornado
- Toews Named A Finalist For Messier NHL Leadership Award
- Young Red Wings Have Evened Series With Blackhawks