Octavia Spencer won the Academy Award for her supporting role in “The Help.” She played a Mississippi housemaid during segregation. Two women in Dallas say they lived the experience.
Long before she became an international opera star, a Texas woman made national headlines during segregation. Barbara Smith Conrad didn’t protest for the right to sit in the front of a bus — she only wanted to sing.
Behind the razor wire-topped fences of Ferguson prison and other Texas penitentiaries are 5,205 inmates branded the baddest of the bad — dubbed so devious they are locked in one-man cells for 23 hours a day often for decades.
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
- Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May...
Latest DFW News
- Pet Of The Week: Raven
- Woman Killed While Crossing Arlington Street
- Grand Prairie Man Suspected In Double Murder Arrested In New Mexico
- Moore Residents Sort Through Tornado Debris
- Medicine Cabinet Dangers: What Every Parent Needs To Know
- Viral Video: Zach Sobiech’s Last Days
- A Romo Tribute: ‘Cyst You Been Gone’
- Boy Scouts To Decide Policy On Gay Members