Two brothers, who’ve been separated by miles, will forever be linked now by a kidney.
Michael Young of Grand Prairie never set out to make medical history. The 59-year-old simply made it a point to take care of himself, follow his doctors’ orders and diligently adhere to his medication. In June, Young will become one of a small group of lung transplant patients who have survives 20 years past their surgery.
A North Texas man who had a face transplant a year ago says now he can feel his daughter’s kisses. Dallas Wiens of Fort Worth was at a Boston hospital Monday to follow up with his transplant team.
For them, desperate times call for drastic measures and a surgery that helps them take off the excess weight quickly but safely.
The nation’s first full face transplant recipient, a 25-year-old Fort Worth man, has made his first public appearance since his operation.
A North Texas wife is giving her husband a gift he desperately needs and will always treasure — she’s going under the knife to give him one of her kidneys.
A Fort Worth man left with grotesque facial injuries after an electrical fire has beaten the odds
Texas has lagged behind most states in setting up a donor registry, but now that it’s easy to sign up, as many as 60 thousand Texans a month are registering to be organ donors.
Latest DFW News
- Cabrera Double Lifts Tigers Over Rangers 2-1
- Tornado Victims To Return Home In Grandbury
- Mother Prepares To Bury 10-Year-Old Son Hit By School Bus
- PD: Fairview Man Murdered Son & Grandson
- Suspect Sought In Fatal West Dallas Shooting
- Why Wear Costumes To Comic Conventions?
- Agency Studying West Fertilizer Plant Fire & Explosions To Prevent Similar Occurance
- Cleanup Continues In Cleburne From Mile Wide Tornado