The man charged with figuring out how to better serve the nation’s 23 Million veterans said he is concerned about problems CBS11 uncovered in the North Texas system.
Pastor Darryl Alford is fighting to save his own life at the Dallas VA Medical Center. Alford’s story is one of many that have been told since CBS 11 began looking into concerns – all voiced by veterans, their families, or former VA medical experts.
The Veterans Affairs North Texas Health Care System is reviewing issues with caring for patients quickly in the emergency room after noticing wait times trending up.
Justin Trivett said that he is in excruciating pain, and he certainly looks the part, as he lays flat on the floor, cushioned only by a pool float.
Christmas came early at the Dallas VA Hospital Thursday. Volunteers, many of whom are veterans or active military themselves, packed and delivered some 400 gift bags for patients who otherwise might not have a holiday at all.
Latest DFW News
- Body Recovered At Lake Arlington
- Residents In Granbury Get Glimpse Of Their Homes
- Andrus Has 5 Hits In Texas’ 7-2 Win Over Detroit
- Powerball Ticket Sales Soar
- Tornado Sucks Survivor Into The Air
- Severe Threat Increases
- Bradley Keeps Lead After 3 Rounds At Nelson
- Notorious Texas Millionaire Laid To Rest