When the USDA mandated new nutrition standards for meals served in schools, the amount of snacks sold in vending machines went up significantly. Officials are addressing the issue with a proposed new Smart Snacks in School rule.
Last year Baylor Health Care System made the decision to remove sugary drinks and fatty food from cafeterias and vending machines. Today those changes are evident at many Baylor locations and looming at others.
A vending machine company is trying to bring organic and healthy alternatives to the community, and they are starting with area schools.
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May...
- Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May... Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -...
Latest DFW News
- Storms Developing West of DFW
- Search For Survivors Continues After Deadly Oklahoma Twister
- Thunder Star Kevin Durant Makes $1M Tornado Pledge
- Top 10 Family Cars Of 2013
- Small SUVs Fare Poorly In New Crash Tests
- Road Test: 2014 Kia Cadenza
- Severe Weather Threat Closes Schools Early
- Rare $10 Bill Marked For City Of West To Be Sold