Tale Of The Tape: NFL Draft vs NBA Draft
- Commissioner Goodell vs Commissioner SilverGoodell has been at the helm of the NFL machine since 2006 and has yet to come across as a kick-ass punisher of the wicked.In just 5 minutes, which is almost as long as he has been NBA commissioner, Silver issued swift judgement on Clippers owner Donald Sterling after his racist rant went public.
- Sharp Dressed MenFootball players come in all sizes. Some big and bulky, some small, some have big heads and some have no necks. Regardless of size all are usually sharply dressed for the big occasion.Basketball players are mostly tall and lanky and their suits look like they are hanging off of them - like an old Talking Heads video. And the baseball hats with the team logos just don't work. And remember - one man's stupid lensless glasses are another's hipster accoutrement.
- Production ValueBehind the scenes, the NFL looks like they've been examining tape, highlighting highlights and tracking the progress of the draftees since they played Pee-wee football. Plus the location of Mid-Town Manhattan and the stage of Radio City Music Hall is pretty damn impressive.The NBA has it together when it comes to highlighting the players being drafted, but nothing like the hours and hours of prep that the NFL puts into it. And the Barclays Center in Brooklyn? Seriously? Get out of that dump and take the show to Vegas!
- #1 HypeThere is always plenty of hype of who will be selected as the coveted No.1 pick of the NFL Draft. Most turn out to be a bust and it's usually not who you think it will be, but the player who is the first to take the stage that night is the man!Does it matter who goes as the #1 pick in the NBA Draft? Can you name five #1 NBA Draft picks?
- The FansYou've got to love the Fans at the NFL Draft. Vocal, drunk and kind of rude yet funny (typical New Yawkers). They cheer, scream and chide Roger Goodell all night long. Never giving him a moment to pause without throwing in a "what?"The NBA Draft fans come across as polite, slightly vocal and appreciative to be at the event. It's Brooklyn so obviously you get some of the drunk NY jerks - but no where near as bad as the ilk that invade the NFL Draft.
- ClassThe NFL brings up former players and special guests that can get a little long-winded - but it's all done for a good cause.The NBA recognized Baylors’ Isaiah Austin by selecting him in the draft - even though he will never get to play because of a medical condition.
The NFL Draft is still the best dog-and-pony show on earth!