If your carpet feels like the Dallas Mavericks played on it and looks like the Cowboys’ training field, it might be time to replace it. Bring back that loving feeling, the one of plush carpet beneath your toes, with these tips from local flooring experts.
- Clean it. Before you head to the nearest carpet supply store, think about just cleaning the carpet professionally. “There is absolutely no need to spend unnecessary money for replacing new carpet if your carpet only needs to be deep cleaned,” said Katina Potts, co-owner of Maid 2 Serve U, a maid cleaning service that offers carpet cleaning in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Carpet cleaning is far less expensive than replacement, so before you shell out the big bucks, contact Maid 2 Serve U to determine if you need carpet cleaning or carpet replacing.
- Repair the damage. Repairing damaged areas in your carpet is another cost-effective option if you don’t want to completely replace your carpet. Carpet damage includes stains, burns, small fires and irregular cleaning. Fortunately local carpet repair specialists can save your carpet. Dallas Carpet Repair and Cleaning’s motto is don’t replace it, repair it.
- Coordinate or plan to paint. Your new carpet should complement your existing wall color. Be sure your carpet color choice is one that you, your furniture and your lifestyle can live with. Replacing carpet is expensive, but replacing furniture to match costs far more.
- Invest wisely. Be sure to consider resale value of your home if you are changing your carpet. “Although the home market is one that is ever evolving, there are a large percentage of home buyers who prefer hardwood floors to carpeted floors because of the maintenance,” said Tiffany R. Johnson, Realtor at The Austin Company. Johnson also suggests homeowners who may want to sell at some point not to make their carpet choice too personal.
- Find the right feel. Carpet type and padding size are essential considerations. Your carpet pad thickness should be comfortable and the right depth. Contend with a myriad of carpet choices and consider taking samples home to match up and mull over. Clifton Carpets has a professional sales team who knows carpet and flooring options, making this flooring specialty store a great start before the big decision.
Below are a few local business that may be able to help you get started.
959 Dragon St.
Dallas, TX 75207
Dallas Carpet Repair & Cleaning
6534 Trammel Dr.
Maid 2 Serve U
2928 Cottage Ln.
Lancaster, TX 75134
For more great tricks, tips and advice about your home, visit CBSDFW/YourHome.
Ivy N. Carter has been professionally writing since 1998 when she started writing for the Texas Southern University The Herald student newspaper. Since then Ivy has enjoyed writing for several magazines, newspapers, businesses and other publications throughout the country. She has a MBA is the owner of Written By INC a professional writing and editing company. Her work can be found on Examiner.com.