By Selena Hernandez, CBS 11 News

Updated: 10/9, 3:22 p.m. Version corrects the number of individuals hospitalized.

FRISCO (CBSDFW.COM) – A carbon monoxide scare forced the evacuation of a Frisco salon and resulted in 15 people transported to an area hospital Saturday afternoon.

READ MORE: Luka's 25 Points Not Enough Against Steph Curry And Warriors, Mavericks Fall 130-92

Salon Boutique manager, Gloria Vela said she recognized there was a problem, when several of her stylists and customers all began to fall ill and complain of similar symptoms.

“I had a lot of my tenets complaining of light headed headaches, so after the sixth one came by, I thought something was wrong,” Vela said.

According to the Frisco Fire Department, it was carbon monoxide. The entire salon filled with the hazardous gas and quickly overwhelmed several people inside.

“We administered oxygen to these patients on scene in our triage and treatment area,” Batillion Chief Shaw Eft said.

Steve Nguyn was one of those treated.

READ MORE: North Texas Mom Hospitalized 93 Days With COVID-19 Delivers Healthy Baby Girl

“I feel really dizzy and shaky, my hands,” Nguyn said.

He wasn’t at the salon, rather working at the Japanese restaurant next door.

“My body never felt like that,” Nguyn said.

In all, 50 people were evacuated and 15 others were taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital for carbon monoxide exposure.

The building contractor, Rory Gloth, said the source of the leak was found and was immediately fixed.

“When we bought the building and renovated it – apparently – there was some pipe that went out the roof that wasn’t repaired correctly – today it malfunctioned,” Gloth said.

MORE NEWS: DFW Area Has 5 Boys Basketball Players Named McDonald’s All Americans

Gloth said he’s not sure what caused the pipe to malfunction but said he’s just happy no one was seriously injured. He said the salon would re-open Sunday