ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – The meter reader who discovered the remains of Casey Anthony’s 2-year-old daughter in 2008 is suing her for defamation.READ MORE: 2021-22 Bowl Game Season Schedule Finalized
Roy Kronk’s suit was filed Wednesday. His attorney says Anthony’s defense team made multiple false statements, including that Kronk killed 2-year-old Caylee, that he was a child snatcher and that he moved the remains, according to a story in The Orlando Sentinel.
Anthony initially reported her daughter had been abducted, but her attorney, Jose Baez, said during trial she knew her daughter had drowned in the family pool.
Anthony also faces lawsuits from Texas EquuSearch, the volunteer group that looked for Caylee Anthony, and Zenaida Gonzalez, whose name Anthony initially gave authorities as a possible abductor.READ MORE: Texas Tech Will Play Mississippi State In The Liberty Bowl
The founder of Texas EquuSearch, Tim Miller, says the Casey Anthony knew her daughter was dead when her parents asked the group to help.
Miller says Texas EquuSearch responded with 4,200 volunteers and a month long search effort that cost more than $100,000.
Anthony was acquitted of killing Caylee and released from jail in July.
A message left for Baez wasn’t immediately returned.MORE NEWS: 11-Year-Old Girl Injured After Shots Fired At Houston Home
(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)