FORT WORTH (KRLD) – A state district judge in Fort Worth is stepping down to run for another office. Sharen Wilson made the announcement on the steps of the old courthouse surrounded by supporters. Wilson is setting her sights on the Tarrant County District Attorney’s office.
Wilson says she wants to “right the ship” in the DA’s office, citing the scandal involving current DA Joe Shannon. Last year, an attorney working in the DA’s office sued the county, claiming Shannon sexually harassed her. The county settled the suit for 375-thousand dollars for a sexual harassment lawsuit settlement and then spent another 200-thousand in an attempt to keep court documents about the case sealed. Those documents were ultimately released. Shannon has denied any wrongdoing.
“We have a lot to do to improve the situation in the Tarrant county DA’s office the people of Tarrant county know we need a new district attorney that comes from outside the ranks of current scandal plagued office,” said Wilson.
Wilson has been on the bench since 1990. She has already picked up the endorsement of Tarrant County Sheriff Dee Anderson.
“She is a tough but fair judge. She sided with law enforcement. She supported law enforcement. She continues to support law enforcement to this day,” said Anderson.
The election will be held November 2014. Shannon has not yet announced if he’ll seek reelection.
- Federal Trade Commission Announces Major Crackdown On Robocalls
- Hundreds Of Migrant Children Moved From Squalid Conditions At Texas Facility
- SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy Launches 24 Satellites And Bill Nye Project Into Orbit
- Neighbors Mourn Loss Of Irving Boy Allegedly Killed By His Mother Who Said ‘Demons’ Made Her Do It
- $30M Upgrade: New Dallas County Voting Machines To Add Convenience, Security On Election Day
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time