DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Police have arrested a 24-year-old man on murder charges in connection with a fatal south Dallas shooting.
According to an arrest warrant, Johnny Walker is accused of shooting to death 55-year-old Charles Turner in a parking lot around 4 p.m. Saturday.
Police say Walker was taken into custody late the same night.
The warrant says that earlier Saturday, witnesses heard Walker say he was angry with and wanted to kill someone who had tried to push him.
Later, according to witnesses, Walker saw Turner park his car nearby. Walker then jumped up, walked to the parking lot and was seen firing three or four gunshots.
Walker was arrested a few blocks from where Turner was slain.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 2 Killed In 1-Car Crash In Collin County
- 2 Former Plano High Players Will Face Off In Super Bowl LIII
- Food Truck, Food Pantry Help ‘Feed The Feds’ In North Texas During Government Shutdown
- Search Party Finds Body In Creek Matching Description Of Missing Ennis Mother
- New Bill Aims To Cut County Portion Of Residents’ Property Tax Bill
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time