WEATHERFORD (CBSDFW.COM) – A major gas leak in the area has prompted an evacuation and closed the Weatherford College main campus.
A gas company digging in the area hit a line around 3:15 p.m. All students, staff and faculty were evacuated shortly after. Repairs to the gas line were quickly made and there were no injuries reported.
While the compromised gas line was not on campus property, administrators and rescuers erred on the side of caution and cleared the campus. Authorities with the Weatherford College Police Department ordered the evacuation.
Since the evacuations were already made, all Tuesday evening classes on campus are still cancelled.
- Weed-Killing Chemical Linked To Cancer Found In Some Children’s Breakfast Foods
- Spacewalkers Flinging Satellites, Installing Bird Trackers
- Ex-Dallas Bishop Whose Tenure Marred By Scandal Dies At 87
- Mark Immelman: ‘Wyndham Poses Every Question Of A Golfer’
- John Lennon’s Killer Is Up For Parole For 10th Time
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures