DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – Bigfoot is real–just ask the researchers who have logged countless hours to prove their beliefs.
New photos and videos filled with never before seen images were released Tuesday by a group known as the Sasquatch Genome Project. They were in Dallas Tuesday to unveil its findings.
Dr. Melba Ketchum, a genetics scientist led the project. “We want people to understand this is a serious study,” said Ketchum.
The five-year study costs more than $500,000. It was funded by businessman Adrian Erickson.
Erikson says he has had numerous encounters with Sasquatch creatures–and says he has the images and science to back their existence. But he says he also understands the stigma and disbelief that comes with BigFoot.
“People have chosen not to believe it. They can’t find it in their minds to think these things exist.”
So the group of researchers and scientists set out to track what they call the furry people.
The group says it followed a mother and daughter in Kentucky collecting thermal imagery, daytime and nighttime video, along with, photos of massive hand and footprints.
The group says there are thousands of these creatures in the United States including right here in North Texas.
But the strongest evidence the group says its has is DNA evidence. They say it is like nothing that has been seen before in mammals or humans.
“This creature does not follow general rule,” said Dr. Ketchup. “What it does do is very different. We think it is human-hybrid. That is our theory.”
The group sent hair DNA samples to multiple labs including to UT Southwestern, New York University and the North Louisiana Crime lab to be tested. “All of them turned out human,” explained Ketchum.
But when the group broadened the DNA samples into genome sequences–the lab results were puzzling. Parts were human. Other parts of the DNA, they say, were not identical to any other species.
Members of the project say the science is there, it is up to you to believe or not. “You’re not dealing with an animal,” explained Troy Hudson with the Sasquatch Genome Project. “You’re dealing with something that walks on two legs, has children and through other research and audio, they have a language.
All signs, the group says, that prove Bigfoot is no longer a big myth.
The Sasquatch Genome Project published it’s findings in a paper in February. Click here to read the findings.
The findings were also sent to other genomics scientists for peer review. Those reviews were leaked to the public.
- SUV Crashes Into Dallas Barbershop After Carjacking, 2 Hospitalized
- Former Baylor Football Coach Art Briles Hired To Coach At Mount Vernon High School
- Video Of Heated Confrontation Between American Airlines’ Mechanics And Airline President Shared
- Lake Closures On Memorial Day Weekend A Huge Downer For Businesses: ‘We’re Quite Used To The Obstacles’
- Fort Worth Fire Captain Keven Teague Passes Away After Brief Battle With Pancreatic Cancer
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures