ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — The Texas Rangers have decided not to renew the contracts of bench coach Jackie Moore and first base coach Dave Anderson for the 2014 season.
Both Moore and Anderson joined the Rangers staff prior to the 2009 season.
In his fourth stint as a coach for the Rangers, the Arlington-resident Moore spent the last five seasons as the Rangers’ bench coach. He previously worked for the club from 1973-76 (first base and third base coach), 1980 (third base) and 1993-94 (bench).
Most recognize Moore as Washington’s right hand man, who shares a hug with Washington after every Texas win.
Anderson was the team’s third base coach from 2009-12 before moving to first base this past season. In 2008, Anderson served as the team’s field coordinator, assisting in instruction throughout the Rangers’ farm system. He was manager for the Double-A Frisco RoughRiders in 2007.
The remainder of manager Ron Washington’s major league coaching staff, bullpen coach Andy Hawkins, pitching coach Mike Maddux, hitting coach Dave Magadan, and third base coach Gary Pettis is expected to return.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Fast Start, Great Starting Pitching Lead Rangers To 5-3 Win Over Tigers
- Rookie Of The Year, Mavericks Luka Doncic Given Opposite Of First Class Treatment On Flight
- Dallas Mavericks’ Luka Doncic Named NBA Rookie Of The Year
- Study: Dallas Cowboys Have ‘Best’ Pro Football Fans In The Country
- Baseball Report: Cubs, Braves, Astros Each Get 7 MLB All-Star Finalists