DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Former Dallas Cowboy Deion Sanders was issued a misdemeanor assault ticket more than three weeks after a scuffle with an administrator at the charter school he co-founded.
The citation is for an incident that happened at the school on Oct. 9 during a meeting. Prime Prep Academy’s Chief Financial Officer, Kevin Jefferson, said Sanders attacked him.READ MORE: State Fair Taking Extra Measures To Keep Guests Safe
Sanders admitted the two argued, but denied the confrontation escalated.
The former professional football player, and current NFL Network analyst was only given a Class C-Misdemeanor because Jefferson wasn’t seriously hurt.READ MORE: Officials: Man Suspected Of Making Threats Against Texas Lawmakers Arrested
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
[display-posts category=”news,sports” posts_per_page=”5″]MORE NEWS: State Fair Offers Hundreds Of Free Acts, Shows And Exhibits
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures