DOWNTOWN DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – An elevator technician died after he fell 20 feet down an elevator shaft in a Dallas parking garage Friday night. It happened at 8:12 p.m. at 1515 Elm Street near Akard and North Ervay in downtown. The technician, a Latin male, was servicing equipment located in the mechanical room next to the open shaft. Paramedics declared him dead at the scene.
Police say they don’t know what caused him to fall or whether there was foul play involved. But at this time, it appears it was an accident, according to Lieutenant Midge Boyle, spokesperson for the Dallas Police Department.
Dallas homicide detectives and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration are working together on the investigation.
The man’s family was notified of his death.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- SUV Crashes Into Dallas Barbershop After Carjacking, 2 Hospitalized
- Former Baylor Football Coach Art Briles Hired To Coach At Mount Vernon High School
- Video Of Heated Confrontation Between American Airlines’ Mechanics And Airline President Shared
- Lake Closures On Memorial Day Weekend A Huge Downer For Businesses: ‘We’re Quite Used To The Obstacles’
- Fort Worth Fire Captain Keven Teague Passes Away After Brief Battle With Pancreatic Cancer
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures