FALFURRIAS, Texas (AP) — Eight men on a Norteno band’s tour bus have been arrested in South Texas after more than 630 pounds of cocaine turned up in the vehicle.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says all eight suspects face charges of possession of a controlled substance related to the drugs worth $7.3 million.
The bus from the Alamo-based group Zinzzero was searched Sunday at the Falfurrias checkpoint. DPS says about 250 bundles of cocaine were located in a false compartment near the center of the bus.
Band manager Andy Prado had no comment Tuesday.
Norteno folk music is generally associated with northern Mexico and South Texas.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
[display-posts category=”news,sports” posts_per_page=”5″]
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures