FALFURRIAS, Texas (AP) — Eight men on a Norteno band’s tour bus have been arrested in South Texas after more than 630 pounds of cocaine turned up in the vehicle.READ MORE: Police Investigating After Shots Fired Near Dallas World Aquarium
The Texas Department of Public Safety says all eight suspects face charges of possession of a controlled substance related to the drugs worth $7.3 million.
The bus from the Alamo-based group Zinzzero was searched Sunday at the Falfurrias checkpoint. DPS says about 250 bundles of cocaine were located in a false compartment near the center of the bus.
Band manager Andy Prado had no comment Tuesday.
Norteno folk music is generally associated with northern Mexico and South Texas.READ MORE: 22-Year-Old Man Accused Of Shooting At Garland Police Officers In Custody
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
[display-posts category=”news,sports” posts_per_page=”5″]
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures