DALLAS (KRLD) — News correspondent Dan Rather was in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963, hoping to coordinate coverage of a routine visit by then President John F. Kennedy.
Everything changed in an instant.
“I did not know what had happened,” said Rather. “All I knew was, what I thought was the presidential limousine had gone flashing by…It took what I thought was a wrong turn.”
Rather describes the events of Nov. 22 and reveals exactly how CBS News confirmed the death of the President well before the White House was prepared to announce it.
Rather joined KRLD’s Scott West to give his account of the ‘four dark days’ in Dallas.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
[display-posts category=”news,sports” posts_per_page=”5″]
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures