CLEBURNE (CBSDFW.COM) – An overnight crash in Cleburne left a Johnson County Sheriff’s Office deputy seriously injured. The incident happened around midnight along Highway 67 near Highway 174.
Deputy Wayne Nowell Jr. was traveling northbound on the highway when his squad car slammed into an Oncor electric truck. The hurt deputy was taken to Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth. Lt. Tim Jones with the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office said that Nowell was seriously injured.READ MORE: Applying For A Home Loan In Super-Competitive DFW Housing Market
Officials later revealed that the 57-year-old deputy suffered several broken bones and a neck injury. His current condition is not known.
The driver and the passenger inside of the Oncor truck and were not hurt in the crash. Officials believe that rain may have been a factor in the incident.READ MORE: Suspect In Custody Following DPS Chase In Johnson County
[display-posts category=”news,sports” posts_per_page=”5″]MORE NEWS: Former Landlord Jimmy Wolfenbarger Charged In Death Of Tenant Holly Simmons 15 Years Ago
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures