CLEBURNE (CBSDFW.COM) – An overnight crash in Cleburne left a Johnson County Sheriff’s Office deputy seriously injured. The incident happened around midnight along Highway 67 near Highway 174.
Deputy Wayne Nowell Jr. was traveling northbound on the highway when his squad car slammed into an Oncor electric truck. The hurt deputy was taken to Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth. Lt. Tim Jones with the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office said that Nowell was seriously injured.
Officials later revealed that the 57-year-old deputy suffered several broken bones and a neck injury. His current condition is not known.
The driver and the passenger inside of the Oncor truck and were not hurt in the crash. Officials believe that rain may have been a factor in the incident.
[display-posts category=”news,sports” posts_per_page=”5″]
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures