DALLAS (AP) – SMU fans no longer have to choose between basketball or football Saturday.
The Mustangs’ men’s basketball game scheduled Saturday has been postponed after Hofstra’s scheduled flight to Dallas was canceled Friday due to icy weather in North Texas.
Tipoff was set Saturday just an hour after kickoff of SMU’s home football game, when the Mustangs (5-6) will be trying to get bowl eligible. They have to beat BCS-bound UCF to do that.
The basketball game, which was to be played in the Dallas suburb of Frisco, was rescheduled for Jan. 19. The makeup will be played in Moody Coliseum now being renovated on the SMU campus.
With the postponement, coach Larry Brown’s Mustangs (8-2) will play three games in a four-day span during American Athletic Conference play.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- American Airlines Extending Boeing 737 Max Flight Cancellations
- Texans Cleaning Up Storm Damage From Hail, Lightning And Heavy Rain
- FDA Panel Revisiting Safety Of Breast Implants After New Concerns
- Texas Sheriff’s Deputy Dies Days After Being Shot During Traffic Stop
- Apple Expected To Announce Launch Of Video Service
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures