NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (AP) – Jameis Winston says he jokes with Jimbo Fisher about speculation the coach will leave Florida State for Texas, and says if it happens he’d want to go, too.
The Heisman Trophy winner met with the media Friday in the lead up to the BCS championship game against No. 2 Auburn.READ MORE: Appeals Court Ruling Keeps Abortion Ban In Place In Texas
He says he and his teammates have not concerned themselves with the speculation and reports about Fisher being a candidate to replace Mack Brown at Texas.
He added, jokingly: “Even if Coach Fisher goes to Texas, I’m going to ask him can I go with you? Yeah, I’m serious. He’s my coach.”READ MORE: Amtrak Train From Fort Worth Crashes In Oklahoma, Four Hurt
Winston also says he was a fan of former Texas quarterback Vince Young and wanted to play for Texas. He says he even tried to call Brown.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures